EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION FOR A CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER
Our client is a licensed provider of a wide range of customized and genetic insurance products and other financial services.
In line with the Company's decision to ensure key roles are filed by suitably qualified candidates who have hands-on experience with implementing leading practice financial practices, the company is looking for an exceptional individual with proven integrity to lead its financial function.
Chief Financial Officer (ICT 001)
Reporting to the managing Director/CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing, leadership guidance and strategic direction in the execution of financial activities within the company
· Oversee and drive the development of the company's financial strategy, work plans and programs, to ensure alignment with the company's strategy, goals and objectives.
· Oversee the development of the company's corporate budget, including effective allocation and utilization of financial resources in line with business objectives
· Coordinate the identification of risks and medium to long term financial implications of intended corporate projects/initiatives and provide relevant advice to the company executive management and the Board to ensure maximum value is realized
· Articulate, develop and implement procedures and controls to ensure that the company funding requirements are proactively anticipated and met at a reasonable cost.
· Coordinate proper management of capital expenditure and working capital to ensure that the company has sufficient liquidity to meet its medium-term requirements and banking obligations
· Drive the operation of financial reports to Board members for presentation/discussion at quarterly Board meetings.
· Serve as technical resource for the company on issues relating to the interpretation of accounting, tax and other regulatory matters.
· Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key industry players and regulators
· Implement best-in-class financial reporting and management information systems
· Ensure timely generation and remittance/filling of statutory returns and reports
· Responsible for reinsurance and oversight of investment portfolio including real estate
· Coordinate the development and implementation of finance and accounting policies, processes and procedures in line with leading practices
· Ensure the establishment and implementation of an effective internal control system within the company.
· Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the finance function, including planning and budgeting, and provide overall leadership and guidance to subordinates
· Continuously review the finance department's activities and make recommendations for improvement in line with leading practices to the CEO
· Liaise/manage the external audit process, while ensuring that all recommendations from the external Auditor's Management letters adequately addressed.
· Motivate, guide and ensure knowledge transfer and capacity building of Finance staff.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the MD/CEO.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· First degree in accounting or related discipline
· Must have a minimum of (10) year's relevant experience at least three (3) which must have been in a senior/executive management position.
· Experience in change management and "turn around' is critical
· Must have a robust background in private equity and investment management
· Previous insurance experience not essential
· Advanced financial accounting knowledge including in-depth understanding of financing best practices, international and Nigerian financial and accounting reporting standards.
· Understanding of key financial regulations e.g. companies income Tax Act, value Added Tax, withholding Tax, Personal income Tax Act, Pension Reform Act etc.
· Ability to thing strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
· Must have knowledge of IFRS
· Must have a high sense of responsibility accountability, integrity and ethical standards
· Must have strong business acumen, maturity and fact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions
All applications must be submitted on or before Thursday, 24th April 2014 and send by email to email@example.com
With the relevant job title and code stated in the subject line of the email.
Each application must include:
· A cover letter detailing the applicant position of interest and detailed contact information
· Applicant's updated curriculum vitae
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.